Crochet Amigurumi Mini Apple
These apples are super quick to crochet and you can make them bigger or smaller to fit your project by changing the hook size and yarn weight.
Use them as educational toys, as a key chain, make a bunch of them and place them in a basket, the possibilities are endless.
I can’t wait to see which colors you chose for your tiny apples. I made mine in red and used it as a prop for Pip The Pig Lovey.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can read the disclosure policy here.
Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this video.
- 4cm in diameter and 2.5cm tall
- crochet food
- red, brown & green DK yarn
- 3mm crochet hook
- toy stuffing
- sewing needle with an eye big enough to fit your yarn
Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
|magic ring||inc – increase|
|ch – chain||dec – decrease|
|sl st – slip stitch||sc – single crochet|
|st(s) – stitch(es)||hdc – half double crochet|
Mini Apple Crochet Pattern
- Work in the round, without turning or closing the rounds.
- Use a stitch marker or a piece of yarn to mark the beginning of each round.
- The number at the end of each round is the number of stitch count.
- The pattern written between ** is that pattern that needs to be repeated.
With red yarn and a 3mm crochet hook, create a magic ring
Round 1: 6sc into the magic ring, pull the magic ring tail to close it shut = 6
Round 2: inc x 6 = 12
Round 3: *inc, sc* x 6 = 18
Round 4: *inc, sc in next 2sts* x 6 = 24
Rounds 5 – 7: sc in each stitch = 24
Round 8: *dec, sc in next 2sts* x 6 = 18
Round 9: *dec, sc* x 6 = 12
Round 10: dec x 6, fasten off, leave a long tail = 6
Use the tail to close the hole left and ten thread it through your needle. Stitch through the apple from top to bottom, pulling the tail tight to form a dent at the top.
Hold the dent with your finger while your stitch back from the bottom to the top. This time, don’t pull the tail too tight, we only want a dent at the top of the apple.
Repeat 2 more times and weave in the end.
Row 1: ch 4
Row 2: sc in 2nd st from the hook, sc in next 2 chains, fasten off
- The leaf is made by crocheting on both side of the chain
- The pattern in () is crocheted in te same chain
Row 1: ch6
Row 2: sl st in 2nd chain from the hook, sc, hdc in next 2 chs, (sc, sl st, sc) in the last ch, crocheting on the other side of the chain make – hdc in next 2 chs, sc, sl st, fasten off.
Weave the end on the back of the leaf and bring it down at the base of the leaf.
Putting The Apple Together
Take the 2 ends of the stem and tie a knot in the middle of the apple to connect it.
Use the 2 ends of the leaf and tie a knot next to the stalk, on the apple, to connect it.
Weave in all the ends.
Your crochet mini apple is now complete. If you found this tutorial helpful, please share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest HERE
Tag me @craftinghappinesscrochet with your creations.
Looking For Other Free Crochet Patterns?
- TikTok Bee Crochet Pattern In 3 Sizes
- Free Crochet Easter Egg Shape Pattern In 3 Sizes
- Crochet Tiny Bow (Free Pattern + Video)
- Crochet Petunia Tiny Flower (Free Pattern + Video)
- Crochet Amigurumi Mini Apple (Free Pattern + Video)
My Favorite Crochet Books
The photographs on this tutorial are subject to copyright and are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. You may use photos from this post only if you directly link back to this tutorial.