How To Crochet A Tiny Bow
These super cute tiny bows are crocheted in one piece and take about a minute to make.
Change the yarn weight and hook size to make your bow smaller or bigger. I used double knit yarn when I made the bow for Harriet The Horse Lovey, but in this tutorial, I used a thicker yarn and a bigger crochet hook so you can see the details better.
Use these tiny bows as appliques for headbands, baby blankets, hats, bags, or amigurumi toys.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this video.
- 7cm wide
- crochet appliques
- pink & blue
- 5mm crochet hook
- tapestry needle with an eye big enough to fit your yarn
Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
Tiny Bow Crochet Pattern
The Bow Base
This is a very simple pattern, it is all crocheted in one row inside the same chain.
Round 1: ch5, 4tr in the 5th ch from the hook (mentioned as 5th ch from now on) , ch4, sl st in the 5th ch, ch4, 4tr in the 5th ch, ch4, sl st in the 5th ch, fasten off, leave a long loop
The Middle Part Of The Bow
Wrap the small tail around the middle of the bow, then use the long tail and wrap it around the middle of the bow 10 times.
Thread the end through the darning needle and make a few stitches around the loops at the back to secure them.
Use the remaining tail to attach the bow to your project, or weave it in if you are not going to use it.
Download The PDF Version
If you want to download the printable PDF version of this tutorial, you can do so when you join my Patreon. You can read more about it and see what patterns are available inside the Crafting Happiness Patreon here. Choose from 2 tiers:
Pattern Lover £5.99
Dive deeper into the world of crochet with the Pattern Lover tier.
- Monthly 50% OFF Crafting Happiness pattern of your choice
- Ad-free PDF versions of all my FREE patterns
- Ad-free PDF versions of all published crochet tutorials
- Access to a private FB group where you can get help and support if you are stuck
- Patron-only updates on upcoming patterns
- Cast your vote on future designs
Crochet Pro £7.99
Become a Crochet Pro and take your skills to the next level. Here you’ll get everything from Pattern Lover plus:
- Monthly coupon code for 1 FREE Crafting Happiness pattern of your choice
- Exclusive video tutorials for select crochet patterns to guide you step-by-step
- Priority access to pattern support and assistance with any crochet-related questions.
And this is how you crochet a tiny bow. If you found this tutorial helpful, please share and Pin it! Follow me on Pinterest here.
Tag me @craftinghappinesscrochet with your creations.
Looking For Similar Crochet Patterns?
- Easy Crochet Rose Flower Embellishment
- Easy Crochet Poppy Flower Applique Free Pattern
- Poppy Hair Tie Free Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Poppy Pin Free Pattern
- Remembrance Poppy Brooch Free Crochet Pattern
- Tunisian Poppy Flower Applique Free Pattern
- Crochet Tiny Bow (Free Pattern + Video)
- Crochet Rainbow (Any Size) Free Pattern
The photographs in this tutorial are subject to copyright and are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. You may use photos from this post only if you directly link back to this tutorial.