Harry & Harriet Horse Loveys – Crochet Pattern by Crafting Happiness
Harriet is designed with the beginner crocheter in mind, it has straight hair, a cute bow and the blanket is crocheted with the simple granny pentagon.
The two horse baby loveys are crocheted in neutral colors and are perfect for a gender-neutral nursery, but of course, you can play around with color palettes and make them in the color that suits your needs best.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can read the disclosure policy here.
The Perfect Baby Shower Gift
These adorable horse loveys are quick to make and don’t take up a lot of yarn, one lovey uses under 3 balls of yarn.
Pair them with the horse baby blanket for the perfect baby shower gift to an expecting mom (or you can just gift the loveys!).
It was designed to fit in a farm-themed nursery or toddler room, you can adjust the colors to fit with any color scheme or gender.
Buy This Pattern
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence
** Patterns are available in the membership area for 30 days from the release date. This pattern is not available inside the member’s area anymore.
This pattern has videos to help you complete it. Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this playlist.
- Easy (Harriet)
- Intermediate (Harry)
Format & Terms
- Written in US terms
- PDF file format
- Written in English only
- Harry – 45cm in diameter
- Harriet – 55cm in diameter
- The size might vary depending on the yarn and hook used as well as your personal tension. You can crochet extra rounds to achieve the size you want.
- Harriet – 2 balls in gingerbread, 1 ball in latte and 9m of both chocolate and rose
- Harry – 2 balls in latte, 1 ball in gingerbread and 9m of chocolate for the tip of the hands
- 4.5mm crochet hook
- 12mm black doll safety eyes
- scissors, pins, sewing needle and stitch markers.
- (optional) blocking board or interlocking foam boards to block your blanket – learn how to block your crochet
Skills & Abbreviations
Most basic stitches below have their own tutorial on my blog paired with a video. If you are not sure how to crochet them, click the blue link and you will be taken to the separate instructions.
|magic ring||dc – double crochet|
|ch – chain||inc – increase (2sc in same stitch)|
|yo – yarn over||dec – decrease (sc2tog)|
|sl st – slip stitch||blo – back loop only technique|
|sc – single crochet||bo – bobble stitch|
|hdc – half double crochet||tr – trebble|
If you like this design please share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest HERE
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
I am stuck on this pattern, can you help?
Every pattern you purchase from my shop comes with help and support. I will help you get unstuck and finish your project so you can buy with confidence and try something new.
If you are completely new to crocheting, I recommend starting with beginner patterns and build up your confidence, pay attention to the skill level of my patterns and buy only if you are already at that level.
NOTE: The free version of this pattern does not come with the same help, just because it’s not fair on those who support me and bought this pattern.
That doesn’t mean that you can’t contact me if there is a mistake or something unclear with this pattern, it simply means that you will need to learn the stitches, the techniques and learn how to read a pattern on your own.
Can I crochet this blanket using aran yarn (worsted yarn #4) ?
Yes you can! The body parts will come out a little larger than my own, but still in the same shape, use a smaller hook than recommended for aran yarn to keep the size smaller. The blanket can be adjusted by simply crocheting more rounds.
Do I have to use the same yarn brand as you to get the same result?
No, you don’t. You can use any brand you like, but pay attention to the yardage, different brands have different yardage.
Can I change the size of the blanket?
Yes, you can. Each pattern can be adjusted by simply changing the number of rounds you make.
Can I sell items made with your pattern?
Yes, you can. Please check the copyright section for more details.
Looking For Other Loveys?
- Pip & Petunia Pig Loveys Crochet Pattern
- Harry & Harriet Horse Loveys Crochet Pattern
- Barry The Bear Baby Lovey Crochet Pattern
- Animal Baby Lovey Pattern Bundle
- Ella The Elephant Baby Lovey Crochet Pattern (Two Styles)
- Foxy Fox Baby Lovey Crochet Pattern (Two Styles)
- Maria The Unicorn Baby Lovey Crochet Pattern
- Freddy The Fawn Baby Lovey Crochet Pattern
The photographs on this tutorial are subject to copyright and are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. You may use photos from this post only if you directly link back to this tutorial.