Easy Poppy Flower Applique – Free Crochet Pattern
This easy Poppy Flower Applique is quick to make and doesn’t require any sewing which makes it beginner-friendly and perfect for a last-minute project.
Read on to see how to crochet this beautiful poppy for yourself with a row-by-row pattern and a video tutorial for those of you who are visual learners.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this video for later.
- 9cm in diameter using a 4.5mm crochet hook and DK yarn
- crochet flowers
- black and red DK yarn
- 4.5mm crochet hook
- sewing needle and scissors
Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
Poppy Flower Crochet Pattern
- Ch3 at the beginning of each row counts as a dc stitch.
- Stitches contained within ** are the repeat section for that row.
- Work in the round, without turning
- The number at the end of each round is the number of stitches you should have in that round.
With black yarn, make a magic ring
R1: 6sc in the magic ring, pull the tail to close the hole shut = 6
R2: 2sc in each st = 12
R3: *sc in next st, 2sc in each st* x 6 = 18
R4: Crochet all stitches in the back loops only. *sc in next st, 2sc in each st, 2sc in next st* x 6, fasten off = 24
Working the poppy petals.
R1 (Outter petal): With red yarn, join in the first exposed front loop from R5. Ch4, tr in the same front loop, 2tr in every front loop from R5, sl st at the top of ch4 to close the round, fasten off, weave in the ends = 48
R2 (Inner petal): With red yarn, join in any exposed front loop from R3. Ch3, dc in the same front loop, 2dc in every front loop from R3, sl st at the top of ch3 to close the round, fasten off, weave in the ends = 36
Looking For Similar Crochet Patterns?
- Easy Crochet Rose Flower Embellishment
- Easy Crochet Poppy Flower Applique Free Pattern
- Poppy Hair Tie Free Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Poppy Pin Free Pattern
- Remembrance Poppy Brooch Free Crochet Pattern
- Tunisian Poppy Flower Applique Free Pattern
- Crochet Tiny Bow (Free Pattern + Video)
- Crochet Rainbow (Any Size) Free Pattern
The photographs in this tutorial are subject to copyright and are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. You may use photos from this post only if you directly link back to this tutorial.