Crocheting A Triangle Using Any Stitch
Today, I will show you how to crochet a triangle using any kind of basic stitches.
From the smaller ones, such as single crochet stitches, to the taller ones, such as treble stitches, this pattern can be used with any kind of stitch to create a triangle-shaped piece.
For this tutorial, I used double crochet stitches to create my triangle. The taller the stitches, the narrower the triangle will be, so, if you want a wider triangle, use single crochet stitches.
To increase the size of your triangle, just follow the pattern and create more rows.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this video
- crochet motif
- 1-row repeat
Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
No special stitches were used in this pattern
- ch3 at the beginning of each row counts as a dc stitch
- stitches contained within ** are the repeat section for that row
- TIP: replace the dc stitches with any stitch you like to create a narrower or wider triangle
Starting Chain: make a slip knot and ch2
Row 1: 2dc in 2nd ch from hook, turn
Row 2: ch3, dc in the 1st st, 2dc in the last st, turn
Row 3: ch3, dc in the 1st st, dc in next 2sts, 2dc in the last st, turn
Row 4: ch3, dc in the 1st st, *dc in next st*, repeat from * until you have 1st left, 2dc in the last st, turn
Repeat row 4 until you have the required size triangle (make 2 dc in the first and last stitches, and dc in each stitch in-between)
Download The PDF Version
If you want to download the printable PDF version of this tutorial, you can do so when you join my Patreon. You can read more about it and see what patterns are available inside the Crafting Happiness Patreon here. Choose from 2 tiers:
Pattern Lover £5.99
Dive deeper into the world of crochet with the Pattern Lover tier.
- Monthly 50% OFF Crafting Happiness pattern of your choice
- Ad-free PDF versions of all my FREE patterns
- Ad-free PDF versions of all published crochet tutorials
- Access to a private FB group where you can get help and support if you are stuck
- Patron-only updates on upcoming patterns
- Cast your vote on future designs
Crochet Pro £7.99
Become a Crochet Pro and take your skills to the next level. Here you’ll get everything from Pattern Lover plus:
- Monthly coupon code for 1 FREE Crafting Happiness pattern of your choice
- Exclusive video tutorials for select crochet patterns to guide you step-by-step
- Priority access to pattern support and assistance with any crochet-related questions.
And this is how you crochet a triangle in any size and with any stitches you like. If you found this tutorial helpful, please share and Pin it! Follow me on Pinterest here.
Tag me @craftinghappinesscrochet with your creations.
Looking For Similar Crochet Patterns?
- Crochet Poinsettia Square Pattern + Video
- Free Crochet Snowflake Square Pattern + Video
- Free Waterlily Granny Square Crochet Pattern
- Free Remembrance Poppy Flower Hexagon Pattern With Video
- Free Remembrance Poppy Flower Square Pattern With Video
- Free Crochet Granny Snowflake Hexagon Pattern
- Crochet Granny Hexagon Free Pattern & Video
- How To Crochet An Oval: Tutorial & Video
The photographs in this tutorial are subject to copyright and are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. You may use photos from this post only if you directly link back to this tutorial.