Crocheting A Triangle Using Any Stitch
Today, I will show you how to crochet a triangle using any kind of basic stitches.
From the smaller ones, such as single crochet stitches, to the taller ones, such as treble stitches, this pattern can be used with any kind of stitch to create a triangle-shaped piece.
For this tutorial I used double crochet stitches to create my triangle. The taller the stitches, the narrower the triangle will be, so, if you want a wider triangle, use single crochet stitches.
To increase the size of your triangle, just follow the pattern and create more rows.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can read the disclosure policy here.
Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this video
- crochet motif
- 1-row repeat
- Marriner Yarns Super Bulky
- 10mm crochet hook
Get Your Supplies
Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
No special stitches were used in this pattern
- ch3 at the beginning of each row counts as a dc stitch
- stitches contained within ** are the repeat section for that row
- TIP: replace the dc stitches with any stitch you like to create a narrower or wider triangle
Starting Chain: make a slip knot and ch2
Row 1: 2dc in 2nd ch from hook, turn
Row 2: ch3, dc in the 1st st, 2dc in the last st, turn
Row 3: ch3, dc in the 1st st, dc in next 2sts, 2dc in the last st, turn
Row 4: ch3, dc in the 1st st, *dc in next st*, repeat from * until you have 1st left, 2dc in the last st, turn
Repeat row 4 until you have the required size triangle (make 2 dc in the first and last stitches, and dc in each stitch in-between)
And this is how you crochet a triangle in any size and with any stitches you like. If you found this tutorial helpful, please share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest HERE
Looking For Other Crochet Motifs?
- How To Crochet A Granny Square
- How To Crochet A Basic Granny Pentagon
- Crochet Half Solid Hexagon (Pointed & Squared)
- Jack o Lantern C2C Pixel Square Free Pattern
- Free Crochet Bunny Granny Square Pattern
- Crochet Half Granny Hexagon (Two Ways)
- Crochet Granny Stitch Hexagon
- Crochet Solid Hexagon Step By Step Tutorial
My Favorite Crochet Books
The photographs on this tutorial are subject to copyright and are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. You may use photos from this post only if you directly link back to this tutorial.