Solid Hexagon Pattern For Blankets – Easy Step By Step Photo & Video Tutorial
The solid hexagon is one of the basic shapes in crochet and just like the classic granny square, once mastered, it will allow you to create wonderful items, from blankets and home decor to bags and afghans.
There are many variations and patterns, but today I will show you how to crochet a basic solid hexagon.
I like this pattern because it’s easy and quick and I can crochet it while watching a movie without having to count stitches and rows.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to crochet a solid hexagon and how to make it as big or small as you like.
You will find step by step instructions with a written pattern and a video tutorial for those who learn better from watching.
Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this video
- crochet motif
- 1-row repeat
Written in US terms.
No special stitches were used in this pattern
- ch3 at the beginning of each round counts as a double crochet
- work in the round, without turning
- at the end of each round, sl st at the top of the ch3 you made at the beginning of that round
Start by making a magic ring
Round 1: work inside the magic ring, ch3, dc, ch2, *2dc, ch2* x 5, sl st
Round 2: ch3, dc, (dc, ch2, dc) in the ch2 space, *2dc, (dc, ch2, dc) in ch2 space* x 5, sl st
Round 3: ch3, 2dc, (dc, ch2, dc) in the ch2 space, *4dc, (dc, ch2, dc) in ch2 space* x 5, dc, sl st
Round 4: ch3, 3dc, (dc, ch2, dc) in the ch2 space, *6dc, (dc, ch2, dc) in ch2 space* x 5, 2dc, sl st
Round 5: ch3, 4dc, (dc, ch2, dc) in the ch2 space, *8dc, (dc, ch2, dc) in ch2 space* x 5, 3dc, sl st
To make your crochet solid hexagon bigger, just continue with the same pattern and dc in each stitch (each side of the hexagon increases by 2 stitches each row) and (dc, ch2, dc) in each of the 6 ch3 spaces of the hexagon.
Download The PDF Version
If you want to download the printable PDF version of this tutorial, you can do so when you join my Patreon. You can read more about it and see what patterns are available inside the Crafting Happiness Patreon here. Choose from 2 tiers:
Pattern Lover £5.99
Dive deeper into the world of crochet with the Pattern Lover tier.
- Monthly 50% OFF Crafting Happiness pattern of your choice
- Ad-free PDF versions of all my FREE patterns
- Ad-free PDF versions of all published crochet tutorials
- Access to a private FB group where you can get help and support if you are stuck
- Patron-only updates on upcoming patterns
- Cast your vote on future designs
Crochet Pro £7.99
Become a Crochet Pro and take your skills to the next level. Here you’ll get everything from Pattern Lover plus:
- Monthly coupon code for 1 FREE Crafting Happiness pattern of your choice
- Exclusive video tutorials for select crochet patterns to guide you step-by-step
- Priority access to pattern support and assistance with any crochet-related questions.
And this is how you crochet a Solid Hexagon and make it as big as you want. If you found this tutorial helpful, please share and Pin it! Follow me on Pinterest here.
Tag me @craftinghappinesscrochet with your creations.
Looking For Similar Crochet Patterns?
- Crochet Poinsettia Square Pattern + Video
- Free Crochet Snowflake Square Pattern + Video
- Free Waterlily Granny Square Crochet Pattern
- Free Remembrance Poppy Flower Hexagon Pattern With Video
- Free Remembrance Poppy Flower Square Pattern With Video
- Free Crochet Granny Snowflake Hexagon Pattern
- Crochet Granny Hexagon Free Pattern & Video
- How To Crochet An Oval: Tutorial & Video
The pattern and photographs on this listing are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations.
This pattern and design are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc).
Mass production of items using my patterns is not allowed without my written approval.
You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.