Easy Beginner Border For C2C Blankets – Pattern Description
Looking for a c2c blanket border? This easy border pattern is just the right one for you. Plus, it works on any c2c project no matter how many c2c tiles you have on the width or length of your piece.
This is such an easy border to make, that it does not require you to count stitches or calculate corner placement, but it will give you neat and straight edges and give a finished look to your c2c blanket.
With this c2c blanket border pattern, I’m giving you two options:
- you can either crochet the first row as a border base row onto which you can add your choice of border
- you can crochet both rows for a finished look on your c2c project
Either way, your c2c project will have straight, neat edges and beautifully rounded corners.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this video for later.
- no stitch counting required
- 1 or 2 rows
Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
No special stitches were used in this c2c blanket border pattern.
- stitches contained within ** are the repeat section for that row
- stitches contained within ( ) are crocheted in the same stitch
- start from the same space between tiles where you joined the yarn
Row 1: Make a slip knot and join the new yarn in any space between the c2c tiles along the edge of the c2c blanket.
Step 1: *Sc in the space between tiles, ch2*, repeat until you reach the last c2c tile on that edge
Step 2: Insert your hook into the corner stitch, (sc, ch2, sc) in that one stitch, ch2
Step 3: Repeat Steps 1 & 2 around your c2c project until you have reached the first sc you made in this round
Step 4: sl st in the first sc you made in this round.
Row 2: slip st in the next ch2 space to bring the yarn forward
Make 3sc in each ch2 space, including the ch2 spaces made in the corner stitches.
Continue all around the blanket until you have reached the first sc you have made in this round.
Sl st in that first sc, fasten off and weave in your ends.
Download The PDF Version
If you want to download the PDF version of this stitch, you can do so when you join our Crochet Club on Facebook. You can read more about it and see what patterns are available inside the Crafting Happiness Crochet Fan Club here.
For £3.49/mo you will get:
– a monthly premium pattern as sold in my shops
– all the tutorials and other free patterns from the blog in PDF format (available indefinitely)
– all the exclusive videos I have made for this group (available indefinitely)
– help and support if you are stuck
And this is how you crochet this simple Easy Border For C2C Blankets. If you found this tutorial helpful, please share and Pin it! Follow me on Pinterest here.
Tag me @craftinghappinesscrochet with your creations, I would love to see how you used this border pattern on your projects.
Looking For Similar Crochet Tutorials?
- Crochet Large Scalloped Edging Instructions
- Large Leaf Stitch Border With Video Tutorial
- V Stitch Shells Border Crochet Tutorial
- Crochet Easy Lace Border (aka Chain Border) With Video
- Triple Picot Border Crochet Tutorial With Video
- Crochet Dot Border Stitch Tutorial & Video
- Ruffled Edge Blanket Border Tutorial & Video
- Crochet Leaf Stitch Border Tutorial & Video
The photographs in this tutorial are subject to copyright and are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. You may use photos from this post only if you directly link back to this tutorial.