Easy Beginner Border For C2C Blankets – Pattern Description
Looking for a c2c blanket border? This easy border pattern is just the right one for you. Plus, it works on any c2c project no matter how many c2c tiles you have on the width or length of your piece.
This is such an easy border to make, it does not require you to count stitches or calculate corner placement, but it will give you neat and straight edges and give a finished look to your c2c blanket.
With this c2c blanket border pattern, I’m giving you two options:
- you can either crochet the first row as a border base row onto which you can add your choice of border
- you can crochet both rows for a finished look on your c2c project
Either way, your c2c project will have straight, neat edges and beautifully rounded corners.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can read the disclosure policy here.
Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this video for later.
- no stitch counting required
- 1 or 2 rows
- Marriner Yarns DK
- 4mm crochet hook
Get Your Supplies
Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
No special stitches were used in this c2c blanket border pattern.
- stitches contained within ** are the repeat section for that row
- stitches contained within ( ) are crocheted in the same stitch
- start from the same space between tiles where you joined the yarn
Row 1: Make a slip knot and join the new yarn in any space between the c2c tiles along the edge of the c2c blanket.
Step 1: *Sc in the space between tiles, ch2*, repeat until you reach the last c2c tile on that edge
Step 2: Insert your hook into the corner stitch, (sc, ch2, sc) in that one stitch, ch2
Step 3: Repeat Steps 1 & 2 around your c2c project until you have reached the first sc you made in this round
Step 4: sl st in the first sc you made in this round.
Row 2: slip st in the next ch2 space to bring the yarn forward
Make 3sc in each ch2 space, including the ch2 spaces made in the corner stitches.
Continue all around the blanket until you have reached the first sc you have made in this round.
Sl st in that first sc, fasten off and weave in your ends.
And this is how you crochet this Easy Beginner Border For C2C Blankets. If you found this tutorial helpful, please share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest HERE
Looking For Other Crochet Borders?
- Simple Picot Scallops Crochet Border Pattern With Video
- Easy Beginner Border For C2C Blankets (No Stitch Counting)
- Crochet Rib Border For Any Blanket Step By Step Tutorial
- Crochet Moss Stitch Border For Blankets
- Crochet Pom Pom Border For Blankets
- Easy Crochet Rolling Fans Border Pattern
- Single Crochet Border ( For Blankets With Treble Rows)
- Single Crochet Edging ( For Blankets With DC Rows)
My Favorite Crochet Books
The photographs on this tutorial are subject to copyright and are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. You may use photos from this post only if you directly link back to this tutorial.