Triple Picot Border – Pattern Description
Here’s another super easy and decorative border pattern that you can learn in no time: Triple Picot Border.
The Triple Picot Border is crocheted with clusters of picot stitches separated by slip stitches.
It doesn’t have a special pattern for the corners making it a beginner-friendly pattern that can be adjusted to any project.
It works great on any edge, from square and rectangle projects such as blankets and afghans to triangle edges such as shawls or straight edges such as scarves. You can even crochet it on a round edge such as a hat or a sleeve.
Before starting on any edge, I recommend you make a base row of single crochet stitches around your project.
If you are making this border for a blanket, check out my base row tutorial for blankets with double crochet rows or base row tutorial for blankets with treble rows to give you an idea of how a base row is made based on the different types of stitches your blanket rows are made with.
Scroll down for the written pattern with photos and the step-by-step video tutorial.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this video for later.
- Multiples of 5sts + 1sts on each edge including the corners
- no row /rounds repeats
- Marriner Yarns Aran
- 5mm crochet hook
Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
No special stitches were used in this pattern.
- This border requires you to have multiples of 5sts+1st, but if you don’t, I am showing you in the video tutorial how to adjust the pattern.
- The section between ** is the section that needs to be repeated.
- This border is crocheted in the round without turning, each round is closed with an sl st.
- TIP: Make sure you make a triple picot in each corner stitch, if the stitches don’t align, then add one or take one sl st so the picots fall on the corners.
Round 1 (Single Crochet Round): Start in the corner and join with a slip stitch.
*Crochet 3sc in the corner stitch, sc in each stitch along the edge until you reach the next corner stitch*, repeat on each side. When you reach the first sc you made in this round, sl st.
Sl st in the next stitch to move the yarn in the corner stitch.
Round 2: *ch5, sl st in the same stitch, ch5, sl st in the same stitch, ch5, sl st in the same stitch, sl st in the next 5sts*, repeat from * until you have crocheted all around your project, making sure you have one triple picot in each corner.
Once you reach the first triple picot, sl st in the base stitch to close the round.
Download The PDF Version
If you want to download the printable PDF version of this tutorial, you can do so when you join my Patreon. You can read more about it and see what patterns are available inside the Crafting Happiness Patreon here. Choose from 2 tiers:
Pattern Lover £5.99
Dive deeper into the world of crochet with the Pattern Lover tier.
- Monthly 50% OFF Crafting Happiness pattern of your choice
- Ad-free PDF versions of all my FREE patterns
- Ad-free PDF versions of all published crochet tutorials
- Access to a private FB group where you can get help and support if you are stuck
- Patron-only updates on upcoming patterns
- Cast your vote on future designs
Crochet Pro £7.99
Become a Crochet Pro and take your skills to the next level. Here you’ll get everything from Pattern Lover plus:
- Monthly coupon code for 1 FREE Crafting Happiness pattern of your choice
- Exclusive video tutorials for select crochet patterns to guide you step-by-step
- Priority access to pattern support and assistance with any crochet-related questions.
And this is how you crochet the Triple Picot Border For Blankets. If you found this tutorial helpful, please share and Pin it! Follow me on Pinterest here.
Tag me @craftinghappinesscrochet with your creations, I would love to see how you used this border pattern on your projects.
Looking For Similar Crochet Tutorials?
- How To Crochet Spade Stitch Border (With Video)
- Crochet Large Scalloped Edging Instructions
- Large Leaf Stitch Border With Video Tutorial
- V Stitch Shells Border Crochet Tutorial
- Crochet Easy Lace Border (aka Chain Border) With Video
- Triple Picot Border Crochet Tutorial With Video
- Crochet Dot Border Stitch Tutorial & Video
- Ruffled Edge Blanket Border Tutorial & Video
The photographs in this tutorial are subject to copyright and are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. You may use photos from this post only if you directly link back to this tutorial.