Base Border For C2C Blankets – Pattern Description
I always recommend you crochet a base border around your blankets before starting on any border and today I am sharing with you one that was designed specifically for corner-to-corner blankets.
This Base Border For C2C Blankets is created with simple single crochet stitches made in between the stitch posts of the c2c tiles, it is simple and quick to make and provides a base for any kind of border you want to make for your blanket.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save the video for later.
- no multiples required
- 1 row
Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
No special stitches were used in this tutorial.
Step 1: Join in the corner of your project with a slip knot then make 3sc in that corner.
Step 2: Make 2 single crochet stitches in the c2c tile below (one each between the double crochet posts below).
Step 3: Make 1sc in the space between the tiles below.
Step 4: Make 2 single crochet stitches around the double crochet post of the c2c tile below.
Step 5: Make 1sc in the space between the tiles below.
Alternate making 2sc in each title below and 1sc in between the tiles below, depending on the type of tile (horizontal or vertical), you will either sc between the dc posts below or sc around the dc post below.
Continue until you reach the corner.
Repeat the 5 steps above, on every side of your blanket. When you reach the first stitch you made, sl st in it to close the round.
Now you can continue to make the blanket border you chose for your project.
Download The PDF Version
If you want to download the printable PDF version of this tutorial, you can do so when you join my Patreon. You can read more about it and see what patterns are available inside the Crafting Happiness Patreon here. Choose from 2 tiers:
Pattern Lover £5.99
Dive deeper into the world of crochet with the Pattern Lover tier.
- Monthly 50% OFF Crafting Happiness pattern of your choice
- Ad-free PDF versions of all my FREE patterns
- Ad-free PDF versions of all published crochet tutorials
- Access to a private FB group where you can get help and support if you are stuck
- Patron-only updates on upcoming patterns
- Cast your vote on future designs
Crochet Pro £7.99
Become a Crochet Pro and take your skills to the next level. Here you’ll get everything from Pattern Lover plus:
- Monthly coupon code for 1 FREE Crafting Happiness pattern of your choice
- Exclusive video tutorials for select crochet patterns to guide you step-by-step
- Priority access to pattern support and assistance with any crochet-related questions.
And this is how you crochet the Crochet Base Border For C2C Projects. If you found this tutorial helpful, please share and Pin it! Follow me on Pinterest here.
Tag me @craftinghappinesscrochet with your creations, I would love to see how you used this border pattern on your projects.
Looking For Similar Crochet Tutorials?
- How To Crochet Spade Stitch Border (With Video)
- Crochet Large Scalloped Edging Instructions
- Large Leaf Stitch Border With Video Tutorial
- V Stitch Shells Border Crochet Tutorial
- Crochet Easy Lace Border (aka Chain Border) With Video
- Triple Picot Border Crochet Tutorial With Video
- Crochet Dot Border Stitch Tutorial & Video
- Ruffled Edge Blanket Border Tutorial & Video
The photographs in this tutorial are subject to copyright and are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. You may use photos from this post only if you directly link back to this tutorial.