Crocheting An Oval In Any Size You Like
Today, I will show you how to crochet an oval and make it as big as you like.
Use this pattern to make anything from small oval appliques to large rugs or tablecloths. The repeat section after the 4th round will show you how.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can read the disclosure policy here.
Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this video for later.
- crochet motif
- 1-row repeat
- Marriner Yarns Aran in blue
- 5mm crochet hook
Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
Get Your Supplies
No special stitches were used in this pattern
- work in the round, without turning or closing the round
- stitches contained within ** are the repeat section for that row
- this pattern contains the first 4 rows, but you can make it as big as you like by contiuing to increase the stitches in the same manner as you would with a circle.
- TIP: make this oval onger by increasing the numbers of chains you make at the beginning
Starting Chain: make a slip knot and ch5
Row 1: 3sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 2chs, 3sc in the last ch, turn your work around (the stitches you just made are at the bottom), we will work on the other side of the chain, sc in next 2ch
Row 2: *2sc in next 3sts, sc in next 2sts* x 2
Row 3: *(2sc in next st, sc in next st) x 3, sc in next 2sts* x 2
Row 4: *(2sc in next st, sc in next 2sts) x 3, sc in next 2sts* x 2
Repeat row 4 increasing the number of single crochet between increases (the 2sc in the same stitch you make on either side of the oval) until you have the size you want.
And this is how you crochet an oval in any size you like. If you found this tutorial helpful, please share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest HERE
Don’t forget to tag me @craftinghappinesscrochet with your creations, I would love to see them and share them with my fellow crocheters.
Looking For Other Crochet Motifs?
- Crochet Granny Hexagon Free Pattern & Video
- How To Crochet An Oval: Tutorial & Video
- Simple Crochet Flower Hexagon Pattern With Video
- How To Crochet A Granny Square
- How To Crochet A Basic Granny Pentagon
- Crochet Half Solid Hexagon (Pointed & Squared)
- Jack o Lantern C2C Pixel Square Free Pattern
- Free Crochet Bunny Granny Square Pattern
The photographs on this tutorial are subject to copyright and are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. You may use photos from this post only if you directly link back to this tutorial.