Foxy Fox Baby Lovey – Crochet Pattern by Crafting Happiness
This cute little fox lovey was created to match the 3in1 Woodland Fox Baby Blanket I have made a few weeks ago.
Scroll down for the links to the shop and to watch the promo video that shows you more information about the design as well as more details about the pattern and FAQ at the end of this post.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can read the disclosure policy here.
Buy This Pattern
This pattern has videos to help you complete it. Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this playlist for later.
The Perfect Baby Shower Gift
I wanted to use the same alpine stitch I used in the blanket, but I didn’t want the lovey to be square, so I modified the stitch to create an pentagon shape.
I also included a second version of the Foxy Fox Lovey, with an easier pattern, for beginners who just started to crochet, so nobody will miss out on this pattern.
Don’t know how to crochet the alpine stitch? I have written a detailed tutorial and made a video on how to make it, you can find both HERE.
Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations. It uses basic stitches and therefore is suitable for beginners to intermediate crocheters who have attempted amigurumi patterns before.
The Foxy Fox Lovey pattern comes in two versions:
- an alpine stitch pentagon lovey – requires you to count stitches and more suitable for intermediate crocheters
- a granny stitch pentagon lovey – works up fast, it’s easy to make and more suitable for beginners
Make this lovey your own by choosing your own color scheme.
Use shades of blue for a boy, pretty pinks for a girl, or neutral colors such as warm orange (used in this pattern) or browns for an unisex lovey.
Made with double knit (light worsted) yarn, this blanket is warm and soft, but light in weight, perfect for babies of all sizes and ages.
- EASY (Foxy Fox with the Granny Stitch)
- INTERMEDIATE (Foxy Fox with the Alpine Stitch)
Format & Terms
- Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
- PDF file format
- Written in English only
- Both blanket patterns are adjustable and so, you can make them as big or small as you like, simply add as many rows as you like until the blanket reaches the size you want.
- 2 x 100g balls of Marriner DK / light worsted yarn in orange (jaffa)
- 1/2 x 100g ball of Marriner DK / light worsted yarn in black
- 1/2 x 100g ball of Marriner DK / light worsted yarn in white
- crochet hook size 4mm
- 18mm safety eyes (if you prefer, you can sew on the eyes with dark purple yarn)
- darning needle and stitch markers
- polyfill stuffing
If you like this design please share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest HERE.
Don’t forget to tag me @craftinghappinesscrochet with your creations, I would love to see them and share them with my fellow crocheters.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
I am stuck on this pattern, can you help?
Every pattern you purchase from my shop comes with help and support. I will help you get unstuck and finish your project, so you can buy with confidence and try something new.
If you are completely new to crocheting, I recommend starting with beginner patterns and build up your confidence, pay attention to the skill level of my patterns and buy only if you are already at that level.
NOTE: The free version of this pattern does not come with the same help, just because it’s not fair on those who support me and bought this pattern.
That doesn’t mean that you can’t contact me if there is a mistake or something unclear with this pattern, it simply means that you will need to learn the stitches, the techniques and learn how to read a pattern on your own.
Can I crochet this blanket using aran yarn (worsted yarn #4) ?
Yes you can! The body parts will come out a little larger than my own, but still in the same shape, use a smaller hook than recommended for aran yarn to keep the size smaller. The blanket can be adjusted by simply crocheting more rounds.
Do I have to use the same yarn brand as you to get the same result?
No, you don’t. You can use any brand you like, but pay attention to the yardage, different brands have different yardage.
Can I change the size of the blanket?
Yes, you can. Each pattern can be adjusted by simply changing the number of rounds you make.
Can I sell items made with your pattern?
Yes, you can. Please check the copyright section for more details.
Looking For Other Loveys?
- Daisy & Duke The Cow Loveys Crochet Pattern
- Bun Bun The Bunny Lovey Crochet Pattern
- Pip & Petunia Pig Loveys Crochet Pattern
- Harry & Harriet Horse Loveys Crochet Pattern
- Barry The Bear Baby Lovey Crochet Pattern
- Animal Baby Lovey Pattern Bundle
- Ella The Elephant Baby Lovey Crochet Pattern (Two Styles)
- Foxy Fox Baby Lovey Crochet Pattern (Two Styles)
My Favorite Crochet Books
I get most of my crochet supplies from Amazon, it’s fast and easy and I find everything I need in one place.
I also invested in Amazon Prime Membership which makes most of shipping free and deliveries super fast.
The pattern and photographs on this blog are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. This pattern and design are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my patterns is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any