Woodland Fox Hooded Blanket – Crochet Pattern in Adult & Child Sizes
What a great idea! A cuddly, warm hooded blanket your child or yourself can snuggle in and then it folds into a fun and decorative pillow in the shape of a woodland fox.
This blanket works up fast and looks gorgeous folded on your sofa. Read below for more information about this crochet pattern, supplies, stitches and videos designed to help you.
Read below for more information about this crochet pattern, supplies, stitches and videos designed to help you.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can read the disclosure policy here.
Buy This Pattern
This pattern has videos to help you complete it. Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this playlist for later.
- How To Crochet The Elongated Alpine Stitch
- Changing Colors In The Middle Of A Row For Alpine Stitch
- How To Crochet On The Opposite Side Of Chain For Beginners
- Slip Stitch Crochet Join Tutorial (For Blankets, Granny Squares)
- Crocheting Two Pieces Together For Amigurumi Crochet
- The Basics of Amigurumi Crochet
- Learn The Basic Crochet Stitches
Why is it called a 2in1 Woodland Fox Hooded Blanket?
The 2in1 woodland fox hooded blanket acts as a fun blanket (complete with mittens and a hood) and a decoration for the room.
It is a blanket that keeps your child or yourself snug and cozy.
When you’re not using it, fold it back and it instantly transforms into a fun pillow in the shape of a fox that you can rest on the armchair or sofa.
This fox hooded blanket will make a wonderful Christmas present or birthday gift!
This cute fox hooded blanket was designed to fit into a woodland-themed decorated room and comes in two sizes for children and adults. It’s made in gender-neutral colors and suits boys and girls alike. Make it without the face for adults.
It will make a wonderful Christmas present or birthday gift for your loved ones, you can adjust the size of the blanket and colors however you want to suit your taste and decor.
The fox hooded blanket crochet pattern is suitable for crocheters who are comfortable reading a crochet pattern.
All special stitches are explained so you can easily follow the pattern.
Your finish size my vary depending on your tension and material used. Check the yardage and yarn weight.
Format & Terms
- Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
- PDF file format
- Written in English only
- 100cm by 100cm (child size)
- 125cm by 125cm (adult size)
- super chunky (super bulky/ #6) yarn, 100g balls (approximately 80m in length each)
- Marriner Yarns
- 7 x 100g balls of super chunky (super bulky/ #6) in orange (spice) (child size)
- 4 x 100g balls of super chunky (super bulky/ #6) in white (child size)
- 11 x 100g balls of super chunky (super bulky/ #6) in orange (spice) (adult size)
- 5 x 100g balls of super chunky (super bulky/ #6) in white (adult size)
- small quantity of super chunky (super bulky/ #6) in black for the eyes and nose
- sewing needle, scissors and pins
- crochet hooks size 10mm
Skills & Abbreviations
Most basic stitches below have their own tutorial on my blog or YouTube channel paired with a video. If you are not sure how to crochet them, click the blue link and you will be taken to the separate instructions.
Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
|magic ring||dec – decrease (sc2tog)|
|ch – chain||inc – increase (2sc in same stitch)|
|yo – yarn over||dc – double crochet|
|sl st – slip stitch||sc – single crochet|
|hdc – half double crochet||fpdc – (front post double crochet)|
If you like this design please share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest HERE
Tag me @craftinghappinesscrochet with your creations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
I am stuck on this pattern, can you help?
Every pattern you purchase from my shop comes with help and support. I will help you get unstuck and finish your project, so you can buy with confidence and try something new.
If you are completely new to crocheting, I recommend starting with beginner patterns and build up your confidence, pay attention to the skill level of my patterns and buy only if you are already at that level.
NOTE: The free version of this pattern does not come with the same help, just because it’s not fair on those who support me and bought this pattern.
That doesn’t mean that you can’t contact me if there is a mistake or something unclear with this pattern, it simply means that you will need to learn the stitches, the techniques and learn how to read a pattern on your own.
Can I crochet this blanket using aran yarn (worsted yarn #4) ?
Yes you can! The body parts will come out a little larger than my own, but still in the same shape, use a smaller hook than recommended for aran yarn to keep the size smaller. The blanket can be adjusted by simply crocheting more rounds.
Do I have to use the same yarn brand as you to get the same result?
No, you don’t. You can use any brand you like, but pay attention to the yardage, different brands have different yardage.
Can I change the size of the blanket?
Yes, you can. Each pattern can be adjusted by simply changing the number of rounds you make.
Can I sell items made with your pattern?
Yes, you can. Please check the copyright section for more details.
Looking For Other Hooded Blankets?
- 2in1 Christmas Elf Hooded Blanket Crochet Pattern
- 2in1 Christmas Pudding Hooded Blanket Crochet Pattern
- 2in1 Cheshire Cat Hooded Blanket Crochet Pattern
- 2in1 Woodland Fox Hooded Blanket Crochet Pattern
- 2in1 Hooded Rainbow Unicorn Blanket Crochet Pattern
- 2in1 Hooded Snow Tiger Blanket Crochet Pattern
- 2in1 Safari Tiger Hooded Blanket Crochet Pattern
- 2in1 Woodland Deer Hooded Blanket Crochet Pattern
My Favorite Crochet Books
The pattern and photographs on this blog are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. This pattern and design are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my patterns is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.