The Crunch Stitch – Pattern Description
The Crunch Stitch is a double-sides 2-row repeat pattern constructed with alternating slip stitches and half double crochet stitches that create a dense and bumpy texture to your work.
It works great on any project that needs to look good from both sides and be warm such as baby blankets, modern afghans, hats, cowls, shawls and accessories.
The Crunch Stitch is easy to remember once you’ve made the first couple of rows. You can watch your favorite show and crochet away without having to count stitches or rows.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can read the disclosure policy here.
Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this video
- Multiples of 2ch
- 2-row repeat
- Deramores Studio Aran
- 5mm crochet hook
Written in US terms
No special stitches were used in this pattern
- ch1 at the end of each row does not count as a stitch
- stitches contained within ** are the repeat section for that row
- TIP: if below you have a sl st, then you make a hdc, if below you have a hdc, then you make a sl st
Starting Chain: This pattern requires you to chain multiples of 2. My starting chain is 28ch.
Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook, *sl st, hdc*, repeat until the end of the row, ch1, turn
Row 2: sl st, *hdc, sl st*, repeat until the end of the row, ch1, turn
Row 3: hdc, *sl st, hdc*, repeat until the end of the row, ch1, turn
Repeat rows 2 & 3 until you have the required length
And this is how you crochet The Crunch Stitch. If you found this tutorial helpful, please share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest HERE
Looking For Other Crochet Patterns?
- The Crunch Stitch – Video & Photo Tutorial
- V Stitch Waffle Crochet Tutorial (Photo & Video)
- Crochet Cluster V Stitch Tutorial With Video
- Offset Cobble Stitch (Crochet Tutorial & Video)
- Crochet Diamond Waffle Stitch (Tutorial & Video)
- The Wattle Stitch (Crochet Tutorial + Video)
- Diamond Wave Crochet Pattern (Tutorial + Video)
- Crochet Star Stitch
The photographs on this tutorial are subject to copyright and are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. You may use photos from this post only if you directly link back to this tutorial.