The Crochet Arcade Stitch – Pattern Description
The Crochet Arcade Stitch is a double-sided pattern, constructed mostly of double crochets, that gives your fabric a beautiful, breathable style.
It’s an offset design with an easy-to-remember repeat pattern. So after a few rows, you will not need to count stitches at all and just enjoy your favorite movie show while crocheting this beautiful crochet blanket.
You can make it in a single color for a stylish design or use a rainbow-colored palette and mix and match different yarn colors to turn it into a bright and fun project. I made some swatches below if you’d like to see what it looks like both ways.
I used a 5 mm crochet hook and acrylic Aran yarn in the tutorial, but you can create yours in any hook size and yarn weight you prefer.
The crochet arcade stitch is a beginner-friendly stitch perfect for projects that need a reversible, firm pattern. It works great for garments, accessories, table runners, decorative throws, and many more.
Scroll down for the step-by-step written and photo instructions. A video tutorial is also available if you’re a visual learner.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. Please read the disclosure policy.
Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this video for later.
- Multiples of 5chs + 2chs
- 4-row repeat
- Acrylic Aran Yarn
- 5mm crochet hook
Multiple Color Use
- When using 2 or more colors, you will need to change the yarn after every 2 rows
Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- ch(s) – chain(s)
- sk – skip
No special stitches were used in this pattern.
- ch1 at the end of each row does not count as a stitch
- stitches contained within ** are the repeat section for that row
Starting Chain: This pattern requires you to chain multiples of 5chs + 2chs. My starting chain is 32chs.
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from the hook, sc in next, *ch3, sk2, sc in next 3chs*, repeat from * until you have 4chs left, ch3, sk2, sc in last 2chs, ch1, turn
Row 2: sc, *sk1, 5dc in the ch3 space, sk1, sc in next*, repeat from * until the end of the row, turn
Row 3: ch3 (does not count as a stitch), sk1, sc in next 3sts, *ch3, sk3, sc in next 3sts*, repeat until you have 2sts left, ch1, sk1, hdc in last stitch, turn
Row 4: ch3, 2dc in the ch1 space, sk1, sc in next, *sk1, 5dc in the ch3 space, sk1, sc in next*, repeat from * until you have 1 stitch left and the ch3 space, sk1, 3dc in the ch3 space, ch1, turn.
Row 5: sc in next 2sts, *ch3, sk3, sc in next 3sts*, repeat from * until you have 5sts left, ch3, sk3, sc in next 2sts
Row 6: sc, *sk2, 5dc in next ch3 space, sk1, sc in next*, repeat from * until end of the row, turn
Repeat Rows 3-6 until you have the required length for your work.
Download The PDF Version
If you want to download the printable PDF version of this tutorial, you can do so when you join my Patreon. You can read more about it and see what patterns are available inside the Crafting Happiness Patreon here. Choose from 2 tiers:
Pattern Lover £5.99
Dive deeper into the world of crochet with the Pattern Lover tier.
- Monthly 50% OFF Crafting Happiness pattern of your choice
- Ad-free PDF versions of all my FREE patterns
- Ad-free PDF versions of all published crochet tutorials
- Access to a private FB group where you can get help and support if you are stuck
- Patron-only updates on upcoming patterns
- Cast your vote on future designs
Crochet Pro £7.99
Become a Crochet Pro and take your skills to the next level. Here you’ll get everything from Pattern Lover plus:
- Monthly coupon code for 1 FREE Crafting Happiness pattern of your choice
- Exclusive video tutorials for select crochet patterns to guide you step-by-step
- Priority access to pattern support and assistance with any crochet-related questions.
And this is how you make the Crochet Arcade Stitch. If you found this tutorial helpful, please share and Pin it! Follow me on Pinterest here.
Don’t forget to tag me @CraftingHappinessCrochet with your creations, I would love to see them and share them with my fellow crocheters.
Looking For Similar Patterns?
- Crochet Chevron Swirls Stitch Tutorial + Video
- Crochet Arcade Stitch Tutorial + Video
- How To Crochet The Bump Stitch (With Video)
- Crochet 3D Marshmallow Stitch Tutorial + Video
- Crochet Rice Stitch Tutorial With Video
- 3D Hedgehog Stitch Crochet Tutorial + Video
- Shells Blanket Stitch Crochet Tutorial + Video
- Crochet Crocodile Stitch For Thick Yarns
The photographs in this tutorial are subject to copyright and are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. You may use photos from this post only if you directly link back to this tutorial.