The Bead Stitch – Pattern Description
The Bead Stitch is crocheted like a puff stitch but sideways around the post of the previous double crochet stitch. This gives it a bumpy texture that looks great on baby blankets, modern afghans, and crocheted garments.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, I will earn a small percentage should you choose to purchase something, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Subscribe to Crafting Happiness YouTube Channel to save this video
- accent stitch
- (Multiples of 2ch) + 1ch
Pattern written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
Bead Stitch (bst) – *Yo, insert hook behind the post of the previous dc from front to back, pull through a long loop*, repeat from * 3 more times (you will have 9 loops on your hook). Yo and pull through 8 of the 9 loops on hook, yo and pull through the 2 remaining loops on hook.
Starting Chain: ch29 (or any multiples of 2ch + 1)
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each remaining ch across
Row 2: Ch3 (counts as a dc), dc in next, bst, *sk 1, dc in next, bst*, repeat from * until you reach the last 2 stitches, sk1, dc in last stitch, ch1, turn
Row 3: sc in each stitch across
Repeat rows 2 & 3 until you have the desired length
Download The PDF Version
If you want to download the PDF version of this stitch, you can do so when you join our Crochet Club on Facebook. You can read more about it and see what patterns are available inside the Crafting Happiness Crochet Fan Club here.
For £3.49/mo you will get:
– a monthly premium pattern as sold in my shops
– all the tutorials and other free patterns from the blog in PDF format (available indefinitely)
– all the exclusive videos I have made for this group (available indefinitely)
– help and support if you are stuck
And this is how you crochet the Bead Stitch. If you found this tutorial helpful, please share and Pin it! Follow me on Pinterest here.
Tag me @craftinghappinesscrochet with your creations.
Looking For Similar Crochet Tutorials?
- Shells Blanket Stitch Crochet Tutorial + Video
- Crochet Crocodile Stitch For Thick Yarns
- How To Crochet The Popcorn Stitch
- Crochet Blanket Stitch Pattern & Video
- How To Crochet The Perfect Stripes For Amigurumi
- Interlocking Shell Stitch Crochet Tutorial & Video
- Crochet V Stitch Ripple Stitch Tutorial
- Herringbone Puff Stitch Crochet Tutorial
The photographs in this tutorial are subject to copyright and are the property of Crafting Happiness, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. You may use photos from this post only if you directly link back to this tutorial.